Monday, November 17, 2008

Things on my mind in the early AM

I love my mia-maid girls to death. Even when they roll their eyes at me when I tell them to stop texting DuRinG class, I still love them. I want to smack some sense into a few of them, I wish they would just consider changing what they are doing. I worry about them ALL the time like they are my own. I want to take a couple into my house and make rules for them, because some of them have none. I want to have a time machine they can jump in and let them see what life will be like in 6 years so they can decide if they are sure they are doing the right things now and the OUTCOME. Sometimes they are totally rude snots. And just when I think I can't stand them at times and that they are running me completely down- One of them will hug me, or give me a compliment or text me just to say hi. And then on Thursday at our activity we were talking about Thanksgiving and I mentioned that I do not like the way my mother in law makes pumpkin pie- so Kimberly made a pumkin pie they way I like and brought me a slice on Saturday. It was DeLiCiOuS. I have watched some of them improve in a few short months. One girl went from really horrible grades to the honor roll! I was so excited for her I took her a treat. I may have been more excited for her than she was. I LOVE these girls, and either this calling is going to help me deal with Maddy as a teen or make me lock her in her room. Probably lock her in her room. The kids these days know more than I did at 20. And not all goood things either.

2 comments:

The Hokanson Family said...

You're such a great Y.W. leader! The girls totally love you too...so I hear. :)

Andy and Robyn said...

I am in the YW right now and I love it but you are totally right about how much they know. It's crazy. I am in with the Laurels and it would seriously be WONDERFUL to be able to show them the consequences of the choices they make.